MUSIC DIRECTOR - CHRIS HARRIS
His remit is to:
- Put a music philosophy in place.
- Conduct the Band.
- Instruct and train as needed so members may progress.
- Select the music.
- Provide a musical outlet for the members and meaningful music for the community.
- Arrange music for the band.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ex-member of the R.A.F. bands. He has since played with a wide variety of band and other music combinations.
- Studied Conducting and Music Theory with professors from Bristol University.
- Has been conducting and training wind bands since 1986.
- Is a nationally qualified Music Teacher.
- To provide a rounded musical diet not limited by style, instrumentation, country of origin or period in time thus embedding true musical values rather than temporary fashions
- Through training to enable the band members to interpret performance at that level.