BRASS BAND MUSICIANS WANTED
WESTERLY SHOWBAND requires BRASS and PERCUSSION
ADVANTAGES in playing in a wind band:
- NO COMPETITIONS but still high level performance
- An authentic sound for swing and film/show music.
- No marching!
SIMILARITIES to a Brass Band:
- General atmosphere at rehearsal etc.
- Community involvement
- Musical fare.
BY THE WAY! Two of our members regularly play in a brass band!
- Instrumentation viz. the addition of woodwind.
- NO COMPETITIONS (You can't say that too often!)
The INSTRUMENTS we could use are:
- Bb Cornet (possibly doubling trumpet)
- Bb Euphonium or Baritone (both reading treble clef)
- Trombones (reading bass clef)
- Percussion (all)
- Others with transposition requirements are;
- Eb horns able to read F horn parts
- Eb basses able to read bass clef parts (not too hard)
- Bb basses and trombones would have to transpose to bass clef