THE BAND'S ACTIVITIES
- concerts, rehearsals, etc.These fall into two main groups: Social and Musical.
Our philosophy is quite simple. We recognise that people join bands to enjoy themselves. They want to play the music they like, in the company of like-minded people. They like their rehearsals to be rewarding and their public performances to be successful. We all do our very best to make these things happen.
- When you visit, you will discover that, beside being welcoming and friendly, most of our members are fairly able and experienced, and aim for good musical standards.
- The Conductor will help you whenever (s)he is needed.
- We pay attention to detail and interpretation.
- There is a constant desire to improve at every level.
- We try our best to make the music chosen suit both the members and the audience.
The Band plays a variety of concerts throughout the year; usually about one, or perhaps two, per month. Some of the summer engagements are open-air. The music at these events is always chosen to suit the occasion. Our resident singer; Alexandra Denman (mezzo soprano) usually take part. The Band is popular with its audiences as our testimonials will confer. Re-appearances are frequent.Read More about concerts